A series of boxes or pallets are connected together to form a continuous chain, mounted on an elongated oval track, called a carousel. They are usually part of the Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS).
Although mostly horizontal, they are built vertically in areas lacking space.
The carousel rotates until it brings a suitable box, pallet, or another carrier to the operator. Once the carousel stops, its operator can pick the desired products from the shelves.
Vertical conveyor belts can effectively deliver products to operators, thereby providing a low-floor space for storing, protecting, and retrieving anything.
The main component of a vertical carousel is a chain drive, which revolves around a vertical track (like a Ferris wheel). The transport tool is fixed at the position of the chain transmission device, which circulates forward or backward according to the instructions, and delivers the stored items to the operator at an ergonomic level.
The carousel storage system is a dynamic solution that uses vertical rotating shelves to bring the stored items to the system operator. …The carousel storage system supports automatic placement and picking operations, making storage and retrieval tasks safer-in the warehouse Work accidents are a thing of the past
Applications of Vertical carousel
- Vertical Garment Storage Carousels
- Parcel delivery locker
- Evidence a locker
- Weapon storage
- Hospital Bed Storage
- Snowmobile Storage
- Golf Cart Storage…
Advantages of Vertical Carousel
- Increase the speed and accuracy of the picking operation, automatically retrieve items and bring the operator at the touch of a button
- Avoid the safety issues of using forklifts and ladders
- Ergonomic design is adopted to reduce the injuries caused by touching, bending and twisting when retrieving or carrying heavy objects.
- All inventory is placed centrally, and the optional integrated software allows the inventory management process to be significantly improved
- Through vertical storage, up to 80% of the space can be reclaimed to achieve:
- Your storage space is greatly reduced
- Significant improvement in the ability to store more in less space
A unique and eye-catching feature of the vertical carousel is that it utilizes unused overhead space and stores items (up to 30 feet) by stacking them vertically. The standard shelf stacks items vertically within reach, and then stacks them horizontally, occupying a lot of floor space. Vertical storage not only saves a lot of space but also saves employees’ time and effort to locate items because the items are delivered directly to the operator.
Another advantage is that no ladders and forklifts are needed to retrieve things. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2015, ladder-related accidents caused more than 150 worker deaths and more than 20,000 non-fatal injuries (68% of ladder fall injuries resulted in an average loss of 24 working days ).
Other Carousel conveyors
- Print Cylinder Carousel conveyor
- Roll Carousel conveyor
- Spool Carousel conveyor
- Tire Carousel conveyor
- Tray Carousel conveyor