The intelligent drug management system has changed the previous manual management mode of drugs in the operating room, through the use of intelligent drug management equipment, combined with optimized processes, standardize the work functions of personnel, realize the intelligent and informatization of drug management in the operating room, ensure drug safety, prevent the occurrence of poison and anesthetic management accidents, and improve work efficiency. With the continuous advancement of the level of drug management and informatization in hospitals, the intelligent management system of drugs in operating rooms will be used in more and more hospitals.
Features and requirements of drug management in operating room
The operating room is a place that provides surgery and rescue for patients. It is an important department of the hospital. All operations in the hospital are completed in the operating room, which brings great challenges to drug management. The operating room drug management has the following characteristics:
- 1. There are many types of drugs: most operations in the hospital are completed in the operating room. For different patients and conditions, the operating room should prepare a wide variety of drugs, including anesthetics, muscle relaxants, cardiovascular drugs, poison anesthetics, various drugs. liquids and other medicines.
- 2. The largest amount of narcotics and narcotics used in the hospital: the vast majority of narcotics and narcotics are used in the operating room. According to incomplete statistics, more than 85-90% of narcotic drugs are used in the operating room. Therefore, the management of narcotic drugs in the operating room is very important. However, due to various conditions, the management of poison and anesthetics in some operating rooms cannot meet the national regulations.
- 3. Diverse drug management modes: There are various drug management modes in the operating room, including operating room nurse management, pharmacist management, anesthesiologist management, anesthesia nurse management, full-time personnel management, etc. The management personnel have different positions and different professional knowledge. , management rules and regulations are different.
- 4. A large number of reports need to be filled out: for daily drug use and use of poison and anesthetics, a large number of registration forms need to be filled out, such as use registration forms, shift records, poison and anesthetic use registration forms, etc.
- 5. There are various storage locations and methods for medicines: some are stored in special storage rooms, some are stored in storage cabinets, and some have operating room pharmacies. Different hospitals have different storage locations and methods for operating room drugs.
- 6. High work intensity of medical staff: The work intensity of medical staff in the operating room is very high, and they are overloaded all year round. Many hospitals have medical staff part-time for drug management work, resulting in high labor intensity and prone to problems.
- 7. The venue is special and the personnel mobility is large: all personnel related to the operation can enter the operating room. Each operating room needs to perform multiple operations. If the operation time is too long, work handover is required. However, it is difficult for pharmacists to enter the operating room for drug management and supervision.
- 8. It is difficult to trace the problem: The operating room drug management personnel and links are complicated. Once a drug problem occurs, it is difficult to trace back to the specific responsible person. Basically, the responsibility is collectively assumed.
Drug management in the operating room is a very complex task, with many design links, difficult management, and prone to problems. Therefore, strengthening the drug management in the operating room requires continuous optimization in terms of rules and regulations, personnel, and management processes.
Intelligent Management of Drugs & Medicines in Operating Room
With the improvement of IT technology, Internet of Things technology and the improvement of drug management level, more and more operating rooms have begun to intelligently manage drugs.
(1) Intelligent management of drugs in operating room
The intelligent management of drugs in the operating room is an all-round and multi-level management mechanism for drugs, personnel, transportation, use, recycling and other processes using computers, hospital networks, Internet of Things technology, and automatic control technology combined with reasonable management processes.
(2) Contents of intelligent management of drugs in operating room
1. Warehouse management
intelligently network the operating room warehouse with the inpatient pharmacy and the general drug warehouse, set the operating room warehouse as a secondary warehouse, and set each operating room as a tertiary warehouse, and incorporate all aspects of the operating room into the overall requirements. Drug warehouse hierarchical management system.
2. Intelligent equipment
Use intelligent equipment such as intelligent shelves, intelligent medicine cabinets, intelligent medicine carts, and intelligent refrigerators to manage medicines.
- A) Smart shelf: used for drug management in the operating room drug storeroom. Each position of the shelf stores the type and specification of the drug. There is an information prompt screen on the shelf, indicating the type and total amount of the drug at this location. The warehouse can configure multiple shelves for network use, and manage all drugs in a unified manner.
- B) Smart medicine cabinet: It is used for the management of valuable medicines, high-value medicines, and high-risk medicines in the medicine warehouse of the operating room. The intelligent medicine cabinet is usually closed, and unrelated personnel cannot obtain medicines from it. After personnel verify their identity and log in to the medicine cabinet, they can take, return and store medicines. The intelligent medicine cabinet automatically records all operations and automatically adjusts the inventory quantity. After the personnel log out, the intelligent medicine cabinet returns to a closed state. Some smart medicine cabinets also involve the centralized management of poisonous and narcotic drugs.
- C) Smart medicine cart: It is placed in each operating room to manage the commonly used non-refrigerated medicines for surgery in each operating room. The medicine cart is usually locked, and unrelated personnel cannot obtain medicines. Anesthesiologists or operating room nurses can log in to the drug cart with proper identity before they can perform operations such as taking, returning, and filling drugs. The smart drug cart automatically records all operations and automatically adjusts the drug inventory. Most smart medicine carts can manage poisonous and narcotic drugs using smart pill boxes and smart drug counting technology.
- D) Smart refrigerated cabinets: centralized and intelligent management of medicines that need to be refrigerated, generally configured separately or as part of smart medicine cabinets or smart shelves. The intelligent refrigerator is usually in a locked state, and unrelated personnel cannot obtain medicines. After personnel verify and log in, they can take, return and store medicines. The intelligent refrigerator automatically records operations and automatically adjusts the inventory. It can also monitor the internal temperature in real time, and alarm when the temperature is abnormal. Smart refrigerators are divided into two categories. One is to use smart locks on ordinary refrigerators to transform into smart refrigerators, which is cheaper; the other is to design and build brand-new smart refrigerators by manufacturers, and smart medicine cabinets are also installed inside. The mold construction, the cost is higher.
3. Intelligent management of narcotics and anesthetics
Poison and anesthetic drugs have a strict management system, but also the focus and difficulty of drug management in the operating room, the intelligent management of poison and anesthetic drugs uses the poison and anesthetic drug management system to manage with the intelligent poison and anesthetic cabinet, intelligent medicine cart, the system records all the information about the storage, use, empty ampoule recovery and destruction of the drug, generate reports, and the management department personnel can consult it at any time. The current technology can automatically issue completed drugs, automatic counting, drug bar code identification, use process tracking, air ampoule recovery, destruction, filling and other functions, and record and manage the whole process of each operator and operation action.
4. Personnel Management
The intelligent drug management system defines the identity of each person, assigns the corresponding drug management functions to each identity, ensures that each person works in accordance with his own responsibilities and system rules, and ensures that the drug management regulations are implemented in place and the rights and responsibilities are clear.
5. Monitoring mechanism
Through intelligent management of drug logistics, information flow, personnel workflow, etc., each link and action is monitored, and problems occur and responsibilities are traced in real time.